Why are Kia cars so cheap?

I’m trying to decide between a Honda Civic and a Kia Forte. I know people often say Kias aren’t as reliable or well-built as Hondas. But the Kia Forte is $2000 cheaper. I’m not sure why. Should I save the $2000 and buy the Kia, or will it end up costing me more in the long run because of lower-quality parts that need more repairs?

Kia Forte is $2,000 cheaper and comes with a much longer warranty than the Honda Civic. While Honda might be more reliable overall, Kia isn’t far behind these days, and their warranty covers you for a longer time. Test drive both, but the Kia could save you money upfront and down the road with its warranty and potentially lower maintenance costs.

Kia has definately been through some journey,

Price:Th e Forte’s $2000 edge is real. Kias offer strong value right now.
Reliability: Both are reliable these days. Kia’s warranty (10 years/100,000 miles) is even longer than Honda’s (5 years/60,000 miles).
Long-term: While Hondas might hold their value a touch better, the Forte’s lower price tag partially offsets that.

Test drive both before you make your final desicion. If the Forte feels good, you’ll save money upfront and be covered with a long warranty.