Which Years of Kia Sorento Should I Avoid?

Hey there…

I’m in the market for a Kia Sorento and want to make sure I make a smart choice. Are there any particular years or models of the Kia Sorento that I should avoid due to known issues or reliability concerns? I’d appreciate any advice or insights from current or past owners who have had experiences with different model years.

1 Like

Avert the Years 2004–2006, 2011–2012, 2013–2014, and 2016 Kia Sorento Customers have reported encountering multiple issues with the Kia Sorento since Kia began marketing and selling it.

1 Like

Nothing good will come out of the Theta 2 4 cylinder. That includes Sorentos, some Santa Fe, and the majority of sonatas and optimas from the 2010s. It is a large recall, infamous for having horrible engines that constantly break.

To steer clear of trouble, I’d recommend giving the 2011-2014 Sorentos a miss. Those models faced some engine troubles that can be a real headache.

If you’re eyeing an older Sorento, the 2004 and 2006 models had their fair share of issues too.

Newer Sorentos, especially those from 2015 onwards, have generally been more reliable.