What's the typical lifespan of a Kia Optima?

So, a couple of years back, I snagged a 2013 Kia Optima LX with 47,000 miles on the odometer. I think I paid around $11,000 for it. Surprisingly, I went for it over the Accord. Fast forward two years, I’m at 97,000 miles now, and I’m curious about how long these cars typically last. I’ve been pretty diligent with maintenance - regular oil changes every 3000 miles, and I’ve taken care of all the recalls.

They even replaced the engine for free, which happened at 93,000 miles. Any idea how much longer these babies usually go for? Anyone out there with over 100,000 miles? And any common issues I should be aware of? Mine’s been running flawlessly, except for some messed-up paint on the front.

Otherwise, it’s been perfect.

What do you all think?

Sounds like you got a great deal on your 2013 Optima LX! With routine maintenance like you’ve been doing (especially considering the free engine replacement!), these can easily reach 150,000 miles or more.

Keep an eye on common Kia Optima issues like steering problems after 100,000 miles, but overall, you seem to be in good shape. Enjoy the ride.

It’s always fascinating to hear about others’ experiences with their cars. Sounds like you’ve been on quite the journey with your Kia Optima! In terms of lifespan, Kia Optimas are generally known for their reliability and longevity when well cared for. With your regular maintenance routine and the engine replacement you mentioned, you’ve certainly been proactive in ensuring your Optima stays in top shape.

Now, as for how long these babies usually go for, it really varies depending on factors like driving habits, maintenance history, and overall care. But it’s not uncommon to see Optimas hitting the 100,000-mile mark and beyond with proper maintenance. In fact, there are plenty of folks out there who’ve surpassed that milestone and are still going strong.

My friend’s Optima has clocked over 150,000 miles, and it’s still running like a champ. Of course, every car is unique, but it’s definitely reassuring to know that Optimas have the potential for high mileage if well looked after.

You’ve maintained your Optima well, and with Kia’s support on the engine replacement, it should last beyond 200k miles. Minor issues like paint/trim may arise, but the drivetrain should stay robust. Just monitor typical wear items and enjoy many more reliable miles

The Optima is a great choice for both new and used car buyers because it’s practical and handles well. If you maintain your Kia Optima well, it can easily exceed 100,000 miles. By following its regular maintenance schedule properly, it can even last up to 200,000 miles.