What is not covered by kia warranty?

I have learnt that warranties and insurance have exclusions in their coverage. My brother wants to sell me his KIA Sorento that he has been using for 6 years but i don’t really understand the warranty limitations for the second user/owner.

1 Like

Some warranties may be fully transferable to second owners, while others may have limited transferability or none at all.

2 Likes

Review the warranty documentation carefully to identify any conditions or exclusions that may apply to second owners.

1 Like

Consider purchasing an extended warranty or service contract to supplement the existing coverage

Kia’s warranty usually shortens for the second owner — from 10 years/100,000 miles to 5 years/60,000 miles, covering basic parts. Check the warranty details for your brother’s Sorento to see what’s included.

Kia’s warranty often changes for second owners. Originally, a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty applies, but this may reduce to 5 years/60,000 miles for subsequent owners, mainly covering basic components. It’s crucial to check the specific warranty terms for your brother’s Sorento to understand what’s included and excluded for you as the second owner.

1 Like

5-year or 100 000 km warranty, whatever comes first

Whatever your ambition, Kia is always by your side with quality vehicles tested under extreme conditions.

To be Honest i have never hard of where you buy an extended warranty. Does Kia over it?

Good point! Always best to verify the specific warranty terms when buying a used car like your brother’s Sorento. The coverage can change significantly for second owners.

Absolutely! It’s crucial to double-check the warranty terms for used vehicles, as they often change for second owners. Always know what’s covered!

As the second owner of a Kia Sorento, you may receive limited warranty coverage. The basic warranty is transferable for 5 years or 60,000 miles, and the powertrain warranty for 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Check with Kia or a dealership for specific warranty details and limitations.

That’s a great point about checking the specific warranty terms, especially considering how it changes for second owners. The reduction from 10 years/100,000 miles to 5 years/60,000 miles is quite significant.

Certainly! When the original Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty is transferred, it changes to 5 years/60,000 miles (or 100,000 km, whichever comes first). It’s important to verify the specific warranty terms for your brother’s Sorento by contacting a dealer or checking the warranty documentation. Kia’s commitment to quality ensures their vehicles are reliable and tested under extreme conditions, offering great support to owners.

Thanks for clarifying the warranty details for second owners of a Kia Sorento. It’s really helpful to know the distinctions between the basic and powertrain warranties and their respective terms.