What is Kia's general reputation in the USA these days?

I remember when Kia first came to the US in '99 or 2000, my dad thought it was “junk” and they looked cheap. I always saw them as lower-tier and unreliable.

I was debating between a Mazda 3 and a Forte, and my friend said “get the Mazda, Kia’s are cheesy” (I ended up getting the Kia btw!)

Do you think only auto magazine critics like Kias? It seems the general population hasn’t caught up.

What do you think the average American perceives the brand as? Do you find a lot of people aren’t very impressed with Kia, the way they talk positively about Toyota?

hall, kia ans check this out,Kia’s image in the US is getting better, seen as a more appealing choice than previously with competitive features, quality, design, and pricing.

Kia has undeniably come a long way since its early days. The perception of Kia as a low-tier brand is outdated. While it’s true that the brand had a rocky start, Kia has invested heavily in design, technology, and quality, resulting in vehicles that compete head-to-head with established brands. While some consumers may still hold onto old perceptions, the reality is that Kia offers excellent value, modern features, and reliable performance. It’s understandable that Toyota holds a strong reputation, but Kia is rapidly closing that gap and deserves serious consideration from car buyers.

I love the sporty while still executive look among the new KIA models more so the SUVs. I would own a KIA Sportage if I wasn’t a Ford person.

Regarding Kia, I absolutely concur with your viewpoint. The brand has advanced significantly in terms of overall quality, design, and technology. It’s remarkable how they were able to go from being seen as a low-class brand to one that rivals well-known brands. Kia is a formidable competitor in the current market since it provides great value along with contemporary amenities. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

Two things have hurt the reputation of Kia and Hyundai in the US: problems with the Theta 2 engines and the Kia Boyz theft issues. If it weren’t for these problems, I think Kia and Hyundai would be more popular and compared favorably to Hondas and Toyotas.