Recommended Oil Type for a 2017 Kia Soul

Hi everyone, I own a 2017 Kia Soul and need to know the best oil type to use for this model. Can anyone provide recommendations on the ideal oil viscosity and any preferred brands? Additionally, are there any specific tips for changing the oil or maintaining optimal engine performance?

Hey Hannah, get whichever 5w30 you like. I like Castrol, but my car burns oil, so I said fuck it and bought the Walmart brand.

Oil Type:
For your 2017 Kia Soul, the recommended oil viscosity is 5W-20. The “5W” signifies its ability to flow well in colder temperatures, while “20” indicates its thickness at normal operating temperatures.
Synthetic Oil:
Although conventional oil is suitable, synthetic oil provides superior protection against wear and tear, particularly under challenging conditions.
Popular Oil Brands:
Mobil 1: Recognized for its high quality and performance.
Castrol: Offers a variety of synthetic and conventional oil options.
Pennzoil: Known for reliability and a range of products.
Oil Change Tips:
Follow Maintenance Schedule: Consult your owner’s manual for the recommended oil change intervals.
Quality Oil Filter: Use an authentic Kia oil filter or a reputable aftermarket alternative.
Monitor Oil Level: Regularly check oil levels using the dipstick.
Listen for Abnormal Noises: Be attentive to any unusual engine sounds that may indicate oil-related issues.

You would need to provide more parameters for proper insight. For example, What is the engine’s designation, fuel type, capacity, and oil grade?
I have seen some 2015 models using different oil types.

I own a 2017 Kia Soul too and have done quite a bit of research on maintaining it. For the best performance, you should use 5W-20 or 5W-30 oil. I personally prefer brands like Mobil 1 or Castrol for their quality and reliability. When changing the oil, make sure the engine is warm to help the oil flow out smoothly. Also, don’t forget to replace the oil filter and check the oil level regularly to keep your engine in top shape. Regular oil changes are key to optimal engine performance and longevity.