Kia and Hyundai Theft Issues?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been hearing a lot about certain Kia and Hyundai models being targeted by thieves. Which models are most at risk? Trying to figure out if my car is on the list and what I can do to protect it. Any tips or info would be great!

Thanks!

Certain Kia and Hyundai models are being targeted by thieves. Check if your car is vulnerable and consider extra security like steering wheel locks and alarms.

The models most targeted seem to be those without immobilizers, typically older ones. It’s a good idea to check if your car has an immobilizer.

If it doesn’t, investing in a steering wheel lock is a smart move. Parking in well-lit areas and using a car alarm can also help deter thieves.

Stay updated on the latest news and security measures, and share information with other owners.

You’re right to be cautious. Certain Kia and Hyundai models, primarily those produced between 2011 and 2021, have been targeted due to a lack of engine immobilizers. These models are easier for thieves to steal.

To protect your car:

• Check your model: Determine if your Kia or Hyundai is on the list of affected vehicles.
  • Upgrade security: Consider installing a steering wheel lock, alarm system, or GPS tracker.
  • Park in well-lit areas: Make your car less appealing to thieves.
  • Contact your dealership: Inquire about potential software updates or security upgrades.