Is Kia owned by Ford?

Hey, I’ve been hearing some rumors lately. Do you know if Kia is owned by Ford? I’ve always been curious about these kinds of things, but it’s hard to separate fact from fiction sometimes.

What do you think?

Or maybe you’re just curious about car companies in general? I find that stuff fascinating

That’s a good question! It’s easy to get confused about car company ownership. Here’s the thing about Kia and Ford:

• Ford did have a stake in Kia back in 1986. They partnered up to help Kia get into building more passenger cars.
  • But that was way back! Kia actually went through some tough financial times in the late 90s.
  • That’s when Hyundai, another Korean automaker, stepped in and bought a majority share of Kia. So, as of today, Kia is actually majority-owned by Hyundai, not Ford.

Hyundai and Kia do collaborate a lot, which might be why the rumor got started. But they are separate companies under the Hyundai Motor Group umbrella.

I hear you about separating fact from fiction. There’s a lot of information out there, so if you ever hear another car company rumour, we can do some digging online together to find out the real story!