Is kia american made?

Hello, I’m curious about the origins of Kia vehicles. Are Kia cars manufactured in the United States?

3 Likes

Yes, some Kia cars are manufactured in the United States. Kia operates a manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia, where models like the Kia Sorento and Kia Telluride are produced. However, Kia is originally a South Korean company, and they also manufacture vehicles in South Korea and other countries.

The headquarters in Seoul, South Korea.
The United States manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia.
Another manufacturing plant in Zilina, Slovakia.

2 Likes

Kia originated in South Korea. Yes, Kia vehicles are also manufactured in the United States. This is in addition to the original manufacturer in Seoul, South Korea and another branch in Slovakia.

1 Like

Kia are South Korean automobile manufacturer :100:

Kia vehicles are not manufactured in the United States. The company’s roots are firmly planted in South Korea, where it began its automotive production and continues to be headquartered today. While Kia has a global presence, its origins trace back to the Korean market, specifically in Seoul2.

I own a 2020 (bought in 2019) Kia Soul EV and an EV6 and I’m from Canada. Zero problems from these cars. Love them to death.