Is Kia a reliable car?

I really like the 2021 Sorento. My current lease will end in about 6 months, and I’m thinking about getting the Sorento as my next car. I’ve found the version I want, but there’s only one available at a dealer. Ordering it through them will let me finish paying off my current Nissan lease while I wait.

The price for the SX model I want is $39,760. I checked and the monthly payment for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year is $537. It has all the features I want like all-wheel drive, a panoramic sunroof, a liftgate, heated seats, room for six people, and a turbo engine. I asked for advice on a forum, and many people said the price is too high for a Kia. The dealer won’t budge on the price because the Sorento is new and popular, like the Telluride.

I’m confused. I thought Kia had gotten better with its reputation. Maybe it’s not a good deal to lease it, and I should just buy it instead. Some comments suggest I could find a similar car with the same features for less money. I’ve looked around, but I can’t find anything better. Can you help me figure out what I might be missing?

It sounds like you’ve done a lot of research on the 2021 Kia Sorento and it seems like a great fit for your needs. It’s understandable to be confused by the situation – the price seems high based on some feedback, but the dealer won’t budge.

Kia ranks as the third most dependable car brand, as per assessments by J.D. Power and RepairPal.
With a commendable 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and a 5-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, Kia ensures reliability.
Notably, the Rio stands out as Kia’s most reliable model, boasting the brand’s lowest average repair costs according to RepairPal.

Kia stands out as one of the most dependable car brands, holding a strong position in reliability rankings.
According to RepairPal, Kia secures the third spot out of 32 car manufacturers.
Additionally, in J.D. Power’s 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study℠, Kia is ranked third overall and claims the top position among mass-market brands.

You like the 2021 Kia Sorento SX but are worried about its lease price.

Here is what you might be missing:

1. Kia’s Quality: Kia’s cars, including the Sorento, are now more popular and respected, which can make them pricier.
  2. Lease or Buy: Leasing has lower monthly payments but buying means you own the car after payments. Think about how long you want the car.
  3. Other Options: Compare the Sorento with similar cars from Hyundai, Mazda, or other Kias. You might find a better deal.
  4. Negotiate: If the price is fixed, try to get a better deal on the lease terms or extras.
  5. Timing: With 6 months left on your current lease, look out for sales or deals.

Decide based on what fits your needs and budget best. If the Sorento is perfect for you and you can handle the cost, it might still be a good choice.