How to charge kia ev6

Hello to all of you.
I just took the thrilling choice to convert to an electric car, choosing the Kia EV6. I’m excited about the financial and environmental savings, but I’m not really clear how the charging works. I’m aware that EVs need to be charged, but I’m not precisely sure how to charge my EV6. Do I require a certain kind of charger? Exist a variety of charging alternatives? Furthermore, how can I locate charging outlets while I’m on the go?

1 Like

Wow feels good on new wheels huh!..You have two options: use a conventional wall plug or a dedicated charging station. The EV6 may be charged via a Type 2 connector at home, work, or public charging stations, and it also accepts CCS connectors for rapid charging1.

To find charging stations while on the go, utilise apps like EVgo or ChargeHub, or Google Maps features that display nearby chargers’ real-time availability and charging speed. Make sure you download the necessary apps for your convenience.

Congrats on joining the EV revolution with your new Kia EV6! Charging can seem confusing at first, but it’s actually pretty straightforward. Charging is easy:

• 2 Ports: Regular one for home charging (AC), another for faster public charging (DC).
  • Home Charging (AC): Most common, full charge overnight with a Level 2 charger at home (or work/landlord).
  • Public Charging (AC/DC): Stations available, DC charging is much faster (around 30 mins to 80%). Use apps/navigation to find stations.