How Do You Diagnose and Replace the Idle Air Control Valve on a Kia?

Hi, can someone help me find the Idle Air Control Valve on my 2011 Kia Sportage? I think it’s causing the issue because my car idles erratically, almost stalling but not revving high. It even stalled while I was driving without giving gas. A picture would be great, but any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with that model, but it’s from around the time they began switching to “Drive by Wire” throttle bodies, which don’t have an IAC. Could you post a picture?

2 Likes

I figured it out. You were absolutely right; it was the throttle body. After cleaning it, my idling is now perfect. Thanks so much for guiding me in the right direction.

2 Likes

I searched online for the symptoms my Sportage was experiencing. Most vehicles suggested it might be the idle air valve. However, when I enter my vehicle information on online auto parts stores for the idle air valve, no products appear. The issue I’m having is rough idling when I’m in gear at a drive-thru or stopped at a red light with my foot on the brake. It stops as soon as I release the brake and accelerate. Does anyone have any other ideas of what it could be?

1 Like

My Kia Soul is having the same issue! Have you figured out what’s causing it and how to fix it? Any insights would be much appreciated too.