Does KIA own hyundai?

As I delved into the security features of KIA vehicles, I discovered enhancements made in 2021 to both KIA and Hyundai models to curb widespread theft. This prompted me to inquire: Does KIA have ownership of Hyundai?

2 Likes

Kia does not own Hyundai. You don’t even need to Google this. Those two companies don’t even know each other. KIA doe not own Hyundai.

1 Like

KIA and Hyundai work independently… but the real fact here is Hyundai is the parent of KIA Motors. If you want to debate this hit the reply button :point_down:

1 Like

Kai and Hyundai are not directly owned by each other, but their relationship is interesting.

Though: Kia and Hyundai ’s relationship started back in 1998 when Hyundai acquired 51% of Kia . Since then, Hyundai Motor Group has acted as the parent company.

1 Like

Hyundai and Kia are related but Kia does not have ownership of Hyundai because they are different companies with different t ambitions to see their products move.

1 Like

To look of things they are related but both companies focus on their brands, there is no ownership of this two , they do work independently.

1 Like

@MarthaWhite Appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and help improve my understanding.

You’ve made a valid point. Although Hyundai and Kia often collaborate, they are separate entities with their own unique goals. It’s easy to see why some might think they share ownership due to their close relationship, but it’s crucial to keep the facts straight.

Kia and Hyundai Motor Group are separate companies, but Hyundai is the parent company of Kia Motors. The main difference between Kia and Hyundai is that each has its own brand philosophy for making vehicles unique to their respective brands. They are related because of the parent company relationship, but they have their own distinct identities. Just think of it like Kia vs. Hyundai.