Do Kias hold their value?

Hi there! I’m thinking about buying the new 2022 Kia Forte GT. I’m just worried about how long it will last and if I can sell it for a good price in about 5 years. Can you tell me how it holds up compared to Toyotas and Hondas?

Yes, the Kia Rio 5-Door keeps its value the best among Kia models.
After 5 years, it still holds onto 71.7% of its original value.
Next is the Kia Rio, which retains 71% of its value. The Kia Forte comes in third, holding 67% of its original value.

Curious as to how you came about these values? could you give up the source of your statistics?

While the 2022 Kia Forte GT is a fun and stylish ride, it’s true Toyotas and Hondas generally hold their value better. Kia’s come a long way in reliability, but Toyota and Honda have a longer track record. However, the Forte GT boasts a long warranty (10 years/100,000 miles) for peace of mind, and its starting price is lower than comparable sporty trims in a Corolla or Civic, so you might save money upfront and on repairs in the long run!

Some Kia models, like the Kia Forte, Kia Soul, Kia Sorento, and Kia Sportage, are known for their popularity and high demand. These models tend to hold their value better compared to others. Additionally, higher trim levels often have more features and upgrades, which can also positively influence the resale value

Taking good care of your car, regardless of the brand, will help it hold its value longer. So regular maintenance is key!

1 Like

These models tend to hold their value better compared to others