Are kia 0ptimas Reliable?

I purchased a 2013 Kia Optima lx with 47,000 miles on it a few years ago. Do you think I spent about $11,000 on it? Actually, I bought it instead of the accord. But now that I have driven 97,000 miles in two years, I am curious about how long these things last. I take good care of it. Every three thousand miles, oil is changed, and all recalls were handled. I was given the refurbished engine at no cost to me. It took place at 93,000 miles. What is the lifespan of these cars? Someone with more than 100,000 miles? Any problems? So far, mine have been faultless. Really sloppy paint job on the nose. Perfect otherwise.

1 Like

I bought a 2015 Kia Optima LX a year ago, and it has only 38,000 miles on it. I’ve already experienced a number of electrical problems, sporadic high RPM spikes while driving, radio problems, the need to replace the trunk lock, and now problems with the AC in that year. I’m obviously not thrilled with the car overall, and I’ll trade it in as soon as I can.

I purchased the car used with 46,000 kilometers on it, and at 50,000 kilometers, the AC stopped working. I had to replace the entire assembly, but after speaking with the sales manager and explaining that it wasn’t just regular wear and tear, they agreed to cover half of the cost. I ended up paying $500 out of pocket. Also, to update since my previous comment, my engine also failed, but it has since been replaced with a new one at no cost to me.

I have a 2011 with 110k miles and no issues so far. I know the engine might give out eventually, but since it’s covered for free, I’m not worried about it. I might need to replace a ball joint soon, and I’ve noticed they tend to have passenger side tie rod issues, click spring problems, and A/C discharge hose leaks. Other than those, I can’t think of any other common problems.