4cylinder or 6 cylinder

Hi. I am looking into possibly purchase a Sorento. I plan on buying a demo or low mileage one. I plan on keeping it for awhile and do about 16000 km a year. Is it worth the money to buy the bigger engine? Most driving is in the city. Thanks p.s. Never owned amid before.

2 Likes

Considering a Kia Sorento sounds like a great choice. Let’s explore if the bigger engine might be necessary for you.

Do you plan on mainly using it for city driving, or will there be frequent highway trips with passengers or cargo?

2 Likes

I’d recommend the 6cylinder. It is more reliable and provides plenty of power for your various needs.

1 Like

The standard engine for the Sorento is suitable for city driving! It saves gas and is a fair value for a demonstration. Test drive both if you want highway power.

Since most of your driving will be in the city, the bigger engine might not be a must-have. The smaller engine will likely be zippier around town and get better gas mileage, which is a plus for city driving. Unless you plan on hauling a lot of stuff or people, the extra power of the bigger engine might not be worth the extra cost.

I had a friend who went with the smaller engine in their Sorento for mostly city driving and loved it. They saved money upfront and on gas, and it had plenty of pep for scooting around town.