3 common complaints about the Telluride - Is it still a good buy in 2024?

Yesterday was the Telluride base model’s test drive. Excellent drive, cosy, good power—a pleasant experience. But the dealer tried to upsell me by $5,000, so I left.

While waiting, I checked reviews for the Telluride. Found this link Edmunds Telluride Reviews—lots of 1-star complaints. Main issues:

1. Can’t tow, no solution: No trailer hitch available, and recalled electrical towing harness.
  2. Self-leveling suspension: Doesn’t self-level as advertised.
  3. Grill design flaw: Exposes AC unit to rocks.

In light of this, I do not regret ignoring the dealership’s dishonest business practices. Is the Telluride still a good place to visit in 2024, or is everything like in that song by Scott Helman? LOL.

1 Like

Tow Hitch - OEM tow hitch parts are currently available for 2024 models. I had mine installed by a Kia dealership just last month.

As far as I know, only X-Line and X-Pro trim levels include a standard self-leveling rear suspension as part of the towing package. X-Pro has an extra 500 pounds of towing capacity than X-Line.

If there is an issue with the gearbox, it should still be covered by the guarantee as long as it occurs within the specified time frame, correct?

Parts: nothing has failed on mine yet. It’s only 5k miles, so I’m crossing my fingers.

So far, I’m quite pleased with my television.

Here are the 3 most common complaints about the Kia Telluride and why it’s still a great buy in 2024: The main gripes are the lack of a turbocharged engine option, the dated infotainment system, and the tight third row. However, the naturally aspirated V6 provides ample power for most needs, the infotainment is still user-friendly, and the third row is spacious enough for kids. The Telluride’s strengths - bold styling, premium cabin materials, smooth ride, and excellent safety ratings - still make it one of the best midsize SUVs you can buy. It offers unbeatable value with a long list of features for the price. Reliability has been excellent, with few reported issues. The 2024 model gets a new 12.3-inch touchscreen and wireless charging to address some complaints. Overall, the Telluride’s combination of style, quality, comfort, and capability is hard to beat in its class, even with a few minor shortcomings. It’s still a top pick for a family SUV in 2024.

Test drove Telluride - great ride! But dealer was pushy and reviews mentioned towing issues, iffy suspension, and exposed AC unit.

Skip the dealer and consider these issues:

• Is towing a must? Telluride might not be the best option yet.
  • suspension a big deal? Research more to see if it’s a major problem for owners.

Telluride is good, but not perfect for everyone. Explore other SUVs like the Highlander or Palisade too!