2023 kia sportage oil change

Hey everyone!

I’m looking for some advice on changing the oil in my 2023 Kia Sportage. Anyone here with experience doing it themselves? I’m curious about the best type of oil to use, any tips on the process, and if there are any common pitfalls to watch out for.

Also, do you think it’s worth doing it myself, or should I just take it to a professional? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Ultimately, the decision depends on your comfort level and mechanical skills. If you’re handy and enjoy working on your car, then DIY oil changes are a great option.

However, if you’re not comfortable or don’t have the time, taking it to a professional is perfectly reasonable.

I recently changed the oil in my 2023 Kia Sportage and can share some insights. For the best performance, use synthetic oil, typically 5W-30 or as specified in your owner’s manual. The process is straightforward: lift the car safely, drain the old oil, replace the oil filter, and add new oil. Make sure you have the right tools, like an oil filter wrench and a proper disposal plan for the old oil. One common pitfall is overfilling the oil, so measure carefully. While doing it yourself can save money and be rewarding, taking it to a professional ensures it’s done correctly and saves you time. If you’re comfortable with basic car maintenance, give it a try! Otherwise, a professional service might be worth the peace of mind.