2018 Kia Sorento problems

I am considering buying a 2018 Kia Sorento, but I have heard there might be some issues with it. Can someone please tell me about any common problems and concerns people have experienced with this car model? I want to make sure I make an informed decision before making a purchase.

The 2018 Kia Sorento is generally reliable but has reported issues to consider:

1. Engine Problems: Some owners have noted engine stalling and power loss, potentially due to a faulty throttle position sensor or fuel pump issues.
  2. Electrical Issues: Problems with dashboard warning lights and the infotainment system are common, along with occasional broader electrical system issues.
  3. Transmission Issues: Reports include rough shifting and hesitations, particularly in automatic models.
  4. Brake Problems: Concerns over brake performance, including noisy brakes and potential rotor warping, have been mentioned.
  5. Recalls: Ensure any Sorento you’re interested in has had all recall-related repairs completed, addressing issues like steering and brake light reliability.
  6. Interior Concerns: Some minor interior complaints include squeaks, rattles, and wear on materials.

Before purchasing, it’s recommended to have the vehicle inspected, check its history, and review online forums and consumer reports for more insights.

Some owners have reported excessive oil consumption in the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine. This can indicate worn piston rings or valve guide seals. Regular oil changes are important.