Will Infiniti G35 18" Rims with a 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern Fit a 2012 Kia Sportage?

Can Infiniti G35 18" rims with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern be used on a 2012 Kia Sportage? I found a great deal on Craigslist for these rims and tires, which have a stylish dark gunmetal finish that would look great with my Sportage’s mineral silver color. Does anyone know if they are compatible?
On Tire Rack, the G35 has an 18x8 wheel with a 48mm offset. Is that compatible?

EDIT: I also checked Tire Rack for the '12 Sportage, and it shows the same 18x8 wheel but with a 38mm offset. Is this difference too much for it to fit? I’m not sure how wheel offset works. I assume a 5mm difference means the wheels will either stick out 5mm more or be 5mm further inside the wheel wells. If the offset is larger, I think the wheels will be closer to the wheel wells, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

3 Likes

The bolt pattern is correct, but I’m worried the offset might not be within the necessary range.

2 Likes

Offset is important, but so is the shape of the rim. I once got Mazda wheels that matched in offset and size, but the spokes were shaped in a way that they rubbed against the caliper.

Use this website to see how they will look: Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit.

Also, remove your wheel to find the exact offset and size, which should be stamped on the spokes or etched somewhere on the rim. It’s best to check in person, as I did before.

1 Like

When I was searching for 18"x8" wheels for my Sportage, I believe the recommended offset was around 35mm - 40mm for proper suspension tracking. You might want to consult with an expert who handles this regularly.