Why Are Kias Easy To Steal?

I’ve been hearing some concerns about Kia vehicles being easier to steal compared to others. Can anyone shed light on why this might be the case? Is it due to specific vulnerabilities in their security systems or something else? I’m considering buying a Kia, but this issue has me a bit worried. Any insights or advice on how to protect against theft would be really helpful! Thanks in advance!

The Problem:

There has been a significant increase in Kia and Hyundai thefts in 2023, particularly targeting older models (2011-2021). These vehicles lack certain security features that are standard in many newer cars, making them easier targets for thieves.

The Reason:

Exploiting Push-to-Start Ignition:

• Kia and Hyundai models from these years often lack electronic immobilizers that require a key fob to start the car.
  • Thieves have exploited a social media trend showcasing how to bypass these vehicles’ ignition systems using everyday objects.

How to Protect Your Kia:

1. Immobilizing Device:
  • Consider installing an aftermarket immobilizing device or alarm system as a deterrent.
  1. Steering Wheel Lock:
  • A visible steering wheel lock can deter potential thieves.
  1. Park in Well-Lit Areas:
  • Whenever possible, park in well-lit areas with surveillance cameras.
  1. Always Use a Parking Brake:
  • Engage the parking brake even in automatic transmission vehicles for an extra layer of security.

Safer Kia Options:

Newer Models (2022 and later):

• Kia has addressed the security issue in their 2022 and later models by including immobilizers and engine security software updates.

Without any proper locking methods or car security then i be live any car can be stolen…It is advice able people have have trackers for their cars,

Immobligators in the key fobs are installed on all Kias starting in late 2022 to increase the difficulty of auto theft. But if you work hard enough, you can steal any car.

Hello, Richard Millar. It depends on where you live, work, and frequently visit. Certain areas have experienced an increase in Kia and Hyundai thefts over the years, making them vulnerable.