What does Kia powertrain warranty cover?

My wife’s car, a Seltos SX Turbo from 2021, had its engine break while we were driving on the highway. I gave the dealership all the receipts for when we got the oil changed at 6041, 11832, 17005, and 23410 miles. The people at the dealership checked some logs from the car on Kia’s website, but then Kia said they wouldn’t fix the engine under warranty. They said my wife was driving too fast (87 mph) without letting the car warm up properly first. Instead of fixing it for free, they want me to pay for a new engine, even though it could have been dangerous. I looked at our home security camera footage and saw my wife left about 15 seconds after starting the car. Our house is about 1.8 miles from the highway, where the speed limit is 80 mph. It was really cold that day, about -3°F. So, what exactly does this warranty cover?

Given the meticulous record-keeping with oil changes and the circumstances surrounding the incident, it’s understandable to seek clarity on what the warranty covers.

Typically, warranties provide coverage for manufacturing defects and certain mechanical failures under normal operating conditions.

However, the specifics can vary depending on the manufacturer and the terms outlined in the warranty agreement.

In your case, it seems like Kia is attributing the engine failure to driving conditions and potentially not allowing the car to warm up adequately before driving at high speeds.

That sounds frustrating. Kia is denying the warranty claim, citing that your wife didn’t let the car warm up properly before driving at high speed in cold weather, which they say caused the engine failure.

Gather all your evidence, including the security footage and Kia’s manual guidelines, and escalate the issue with Kia’s customer service. You might also seek advice from a consumer protection agency or an automotive attorney. Sharing your experience on social media or relevant forums could provide helpful insights from others who’ve had similar issues.

Kia’s Powertrain warranty typically covers components like the engine, transmission, and drivetrain for a specified period or mileage.

If they have refused to fix the car! Gather evidence like warranty details, oil change receipts, & security footage showing a short drive (1.8 miles) in freezing weather (-3°F).

And Call Kia customer service & explain.

If needed, escalate to a consumer protection agency or lawyer.

This will solve your case…

Seltos SX Turbo from 2021 according to my knowledge Kia Motors America (Kia) has recalled certain 2020-2021 Soul, and 2021 Seltos vehicles equipped with 2.0L Nu MPI engines… So all i can advice you is that - either you sue them or pay for the engine to be repaired