Transferring KIA Warranty to a New Owner?

Hello Guys…

I’m in the process of selling my 2019 KIA Sorento, and the potential buyer asked about the warranty. I’m not too familiar with how car warranties work when it comes to transferring them to a new owner. Does anyone know if the KIA warranty is transferable? If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure the warranty is successfully transferred to the new owner? Any advice or experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I am here to confirm that the KIA warranty can be transferred to a new owner.
But note that to transfer the warranty, it must meet the following criteria:

• The warranty period has not expired.
  • The vehicle has been properly maintained as per Kia’s recommended schedule.
  • Correct owner information is provided to the dealership.

Since you are selling your Kia you can now comfortably transfer the warranty coverage to the new owner as long as these conditions are met.

1 Like

When purchasing a used KIA vehicle, the remaining manufacturer’s warranty can be a major selling point. Fortunately, KIA makes it relatively straightforward to transfer the warranty to the new owner. All I need to do is contact KIA customer service and provide the necessary information, including the vehicle identification number, current odometer reading, and the new owner’s contact details. KIA will then process the warranty transfer, which typically takes a few business days. There is usually a small administrative fee, but this is a small price to pay to ensure the warranty coverage remains intact. The transferred warranty provides the same benefits as the original, including coverage for repairs, roadside assistance, and any outstanding recalls. As long as the vehicle has been properly maintained, the new owner can enjoy the peace of mind and protection of the KIA warranty for the remaining term. This is a simple process that helps facilitate the sale and transfer of used KIA vehicles.

I totally agree, did this with a transfer to my in-law and something I could add on this is that, To ensure the warranty transfers smoothly, you’ll usually need to fill out a transfer of ownership form provided by KIA. This is pretty simple since you can contact your local dealership or KIA’s customer service for the specific steps and any documentation required. It’s a straightforward process, but confirming with KIA directly will ensure everything is properly handled. Good luck with the sale, GuyBolding!