Is Kia made in the USA?

Is Kia made in the USA?

1 Like

Yes, Kia does have production facilities in the United States. They have a plant in West Point, Georgia, which is their largest production site outside of South Korea. This facility manufactures popular vehicles like the Kia Telluride and Kia Sorento. Kia’s ability to manufacture automobiles locally allows it to better serve the American market while also supporting local economies through job development and supplier collaborations.

1 Like

Hey Barbara, Yes, Kia manufactures cars in the USA as well as internationally. Their plant in West Point, Georgia, produces popular models specifically for the North American market. You can typically find the manufacturing location on a sticker inside the driver’s door jamb

1 Like

Yes, Kia operates a production facility in West Point, Georgia, and it produces vehicles such as the Sorento and Optima, specifically for the North American market. The company’s global headquarters is situated in Seoul, South Korea.

1 Like

I am in Canada and have a Korean-built Sportage that is not a hybrid. So far, I haven’t had any issues two months into ownership. However, I am keeping an eye out for recall information, as I would with any vehicle.

1 Like

Yes, Indeed, Kia maintains manufacturing plants in the US. The address of Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia (KMMG) is West Point, Georgia. Several Kia models, such as the Sorento and Telluride, are produced at this site. The plant, which has been in use since 2009, is important to Kia’s supply chain and production for the North American market.