How difficult is it to install a surround-view monitor in a 2017 Sorento SX?

Hey everyone!

I’ve been on the hunt for a Sorento for a while now, and I finally stumbled upon a perfect match—a 2017 Sorento SX FWD. The only downside is that it doesn’t have the Surround View Monitor feature, which I really love.

I’m wondering if it’s doable to install the necessary components to get that feature. Has anyone here tried it? Where would I even find the parts? And is it a pain to install yourself, or is it a straightforward “plug and play” situation? Would a KIA Dealer be able to help with this? Any insights would be super helpful.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize you could get a Sorento SX FWD! Are you referring to a 360-view monitor? I think that option is only available on the SXL model.

4 Likes

Oh, interesting! I’ve got the 360 view monitor on my 2019 SX with the Touring package as well. I’m not sure if it’s possible to install it on an older model though. Have you checked with your dealer yet? I’m in Texas, by the way, driving a 2019 Kia Sorento SX.

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually had the same idea when I first got my car. I thought about installing an aftermarket 360 cam, but over time, I just got used to the dimensions and never ended up going through with it. Life just kind of carried on without it!