Has KIA fixed their theft problem?

He KIA enthusiasts, I’m considering buying a Kia but I’ve heard some concerns about theft problems with their vehicles. Can anyone confirm if Kia has fixed this issue in their newer models? I want to make sure my car is secure before making a purchase.

Hi MissNicklaus!

The theft issues with KIA vehicles have been a concern, particularly for models produced from 2011 to 2022.

These vehicles were targeted due to a vulnerability that allowed them to be started without a key.

KIA has actively addressed this problem by standardizing engine immobilizers in all their models from 2022 onwards.

They’ve also developed security software updates for older models, which are provided to vehicle owners at no cost.

While these measures have significantly improved security, it’s advisable to check with your local KIA dealership about the security features of the model you’re interested in.

They can give you the latest information on what has been done to ensure the vehicles are secure.

It’s always best to be fully informed about the security of your potential new car.

If your car is totaled and you get paid, would you get another Kia? I’m curious because you haven’t encountered any mechanical issues yet.

Hey there! Kia, like many car manufacturers, takes vehicle security seriously and continuously improves their models to address any concerns. While specific theft issues can vary by model and region, newer Kia vehicles generally come equipped with advanced security features such as alarm systems, immobilizers, and even GPS tracking in some models. It’s always a good idea to check the specific security features of the Kia model you’re interested in and consider additional security options if needed, like steering wheel locks or aftermarket alarm systems, for added peace of mind. Additionally, staying updated with reviews and consumer reports can provide insights into the security performance of newer Kia vehicles.