Do KIA cars have tracking devices?

I’m considering buying a Kia and was wondering if anyone knows whether Kia cars come with built-in tracking devices. I’m curious about the features for security and recovery in case of theft. Does anyone have information on this or personal experience with Kia’s tracking technology?

2 Likes

Most newer Kia models come with built-in tracking technology through their UVO system, which includes features like stolen vehicle recovery and location tracking. If you get a Kia with UVO Link, you’ll have access to these services for added security and peace of mind.

2 Likes

The new Kia models come equipped with built-in GPS. Using the Kia app on my phone, I can track my car’s location wherever it goes.

1 Like

I removed the one I had in week two. It was attached to my OBD2 port and situated close to the fuse panel. The small black box measured roughly three inches in length and half an inch in width. If you do locate it and choose to take it out, I would advise disconnecting your battery connections first. You should also confirm that keeping it in the car is not required under your signed contract.

1 Like

Kia vehicles typically do not come with built-in tracking devices as standard equipment across all models. However, Kia offers optional features and systems that can enhance security and recovery capabilities

1 Like

Many owners opt for aftermarket tracking devices or systems that can be installed in Kia vehicles.

1 Like

KIA cars typically do not come with built-in tracking devices as standard equipment. However, some newer models may offer optional features like GPS tracking or remote monitoring through connected services or aftermarket devices. Check with KIA dealers or specific model features to determine if tracking capabilities are available and how they can be activated or installed.